A/V Freelancers (50 positions available)
Monday - Sunday
Varied Hours (Day time + Late events)
CSO hosts an array of live events that will all be live streamed. We also record podcast and video content for our social media. Alongside this, we are launching CSO LiveS which will be OD and live entertainment content for businesses and the public via a monthly subscription.
The live events will be across a variety of types of entertainment such as but not limited to: music gigs, music competitions, comedy nights, theatre shows, open mics, dance battles and more.
You will need to have your own AV equipment so please check the list below before applying.
You will need to send a specification of the equipment you have if you are accepted to work for us.
You will be contacted in advance in regard to upcoming events and you will be booked per event. On occasion you may be situated at a venue for a week or weekly depending on the event or contract with the venue.
The job description will be different for each event as each event requires different technology.
Setup the event technicals: Wired internet, Camera placement, Music equipment and cables, Mix and test the audio signals, Setup the livestream parameters and photo cuts, sign up any acts and manage the acts and issue/confirm their times, be a point of call for the venue in regard to the event.
- You must be an audio engineer & camera operator with experience live streaming
- You must have lighting installation and/or operation experience ie Avolites, DASlight, Titan, DMX patching, Lighting controllers, knowing and understanding how to use fixtures.
- You must be able to use a digital camera to focus and record a live event. You must be able to take clear photographs.
- You must be able to mix audio live efficiently and ensure the levels are coherent and well balanced.
- You must be able to setup live streams across Youtube, Twitch, TikTok, Instagram, Facebook and embed them on our website. You must be able to monitor streams and ensure that the frame rates do not drop significantly.
- You must be able to solve technical issues quickly and make reports on the issues in order to ensure a long term resolution is achieved.
- You must be proactive, friendly and approachable when dealing with performers, guests and the venue staff.
Years of experience:
- 1 year - Live streaming
- 2 years - Audio editing, Live audio engineering
- 1 year - Filming, photography and editing footage
- Recording laptop (must have a suitable audio recording software + minimum 8gb RAM + minimum core i5 inter processor) or audio recording device (16 bit, 48khz, mp3, wav output).
- Streaming Laptop (The laptop must have a minimum of 16gb RAM, 100 GB minimum free storage, Core i5 intel CPU minimum 2.5GHz)
- Streaming Software/ hardware (The streaming encoder must be able to stream at 30 FPS minimum & record whilst streaming).
- A mobile phone to stream to YouTube. The spec must be a minimum: 90Hz refresh rate, Digital zoom up to 5x, 4500mAh battery, 24MP, File formats captured: JPEG, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, AVI, MOV, FLV, Wifi or mobile data
- Minimum of a 10m Cat6 ethernet cable
- Capture card (for the camera inputs from a DSLR or other digital camera)
- Software/hardware switcher such as a stream deck or have an encoder that enables switching
- Audio interface for the mobile phone
- Mobile phone stand of 150cm minimum
- Mobile + camera power banks
- OTG and TRRS adapters
- Minimum 12 channel mixer with 3 stereo outputs (tape, control, main)
- 2 vocal mic stands + 2 Stands for drum + snare
- 5 6m XLR cables
- 1 dynamic drum mic
- 1 dynamic snare mic
- 3 dynamic vocal mics
- 1 Digital HD Camera with focusing ability & HDMI out
- 2 6m TRS 1/4” Jack cables
- 1 Dual 6m TRS 1/4” Jack cable
- 1 Dual 6m 1/4" to RCA
- 1 Dual 6m XLR to RCA
- 1 Dual 6m 1/4" to XLR
- Separate audio interface for recording onto the recording laptop (ie Scarlett or Sub Zero)
- 2 Stereo Phono to balanced TRS 1/4” Jack
- 2 Stereo Phono to balanced stereo 1/8” Jack
- 1 8m/10m stereo RCA to RCA
- 1 Laptop stand (with/without fan)
The equipment in this list is what could be necessary for any of the jobs given - and not a list of all the equipment that will be needed on single job. Once you are given an interview, this will be explained.
How to apply:
If you are looking for flexible work and believe this is the job for you and you would like to operate live streamed and live events across London in multiple venues and studios please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A statement that you have all of the required equipment or are able to purchase the equipment (please do not rent equipment)
- A statement confirming you are eligible to work in the UK
- A statement agreeing that you are registered as self employed as you will be liable for your own taxes
- Proof of your PLI (if any)
- Proof your equipment is PAT tested (if any)
- A short paragraph about your career so far as an AV engineer
- A cover letter detailing why you would like to work for CSO
- Times and days you are available for a remote interview via Microsoft Teams or Zoom